Dear SOAS UNISON members,
We hope you and your loved ones are staying well during these unusual and unprecedented times. These last two weeks have been extraordinary and trying to get through each day has been unsettling, confusing and stressful for all of us. As we are faced with a completely new way of living and working, you may be worried and anxious about your health, wellbeing and financial circumstances. We would like to draw your attention to advice available from both UNISON and SOAS:
- General Advice from UNISON about health and safety at home – https://www.unison.org.uk/
- UNISON There for You is the union’s charity. They provide support, confidential advice and financial assistance to members and their immediate family at times of need when they may have nowhere else to turn. During the Covid-19 outbreak, members can apply directly for an emergency payment https://www.unison.org.uk/
news/article/2020/03/ coronavirus-unison-helping- members-financially/
- SOAS Employee Assistance Programme is available for staff members and family, this is a confidential service https://www.soas.ac.uk/hr/
- Online training for UNISON members –https://www.unison.org.uk/
- SOAS tips on remote working and your wellbeing Remote Working and Your Wellbeing page
- TUC are holding a webinar on 1st April at 2.00pm about Coronavirus at work: The Wage Subsidy https://www.crowdcast.io/e/
- NHS Mental Health and Wellbeing page https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/
stress-anxiety-depression/ and here https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/ every-mind-matters/
- Covid Mutual Aid UK provides information on the various local mutual aid groups across the UK during the Covid-19 outbreak, which are connecting volunteers and those in need in their communities https://covidmutualaid.org/
We would also like to remind you that I am here to support and advise you, please feel free to contact me.
Stay healthy and safe.
SOAS UNISON Welfare Officer